Blog Archive

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Vickie's things

Last Wednesday and Thursday Ashley, Mom and I went to Vickie's house and helped her husband and son clean up the basement and the house. We went through her clothes and some other belongings. I could wear so many of them. It was like she was my personal shopper and we had the same taste. Many were new with the tags still on them.

Here's a few other things I got.


We all had a good time laughing and crying. Vickie's favorite hymn was "Love Lifted Me". Ashley found a hymn book in a crate, the cover and first two hymns were torn out and the book was open to this song. We still have a lot more to do.

2 comments:

lera said...

It's always bittersweet to do a task such as that. The memories are so comforting.

Momma B said...

Oh Brenda, I feel the pangs of sadness welling up inside when I think of emptying my mom's house of all of her belongings. It was awful and sad and it was really hard to do, but she rented, so we only had so much time to get it done, so it was more mechanical and methodical. I am sorry. I hope you are feeling ok.