Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Shirred Nightgowns

I'm really getting addicted to shirring. I made 3 gowns for the girls. This first one is my favorite. I love the embroidery at the bottom.
I forgot to add this tutorial came from Flossie Teacakes.
First I made another one that Layla took home and both girls wanted it. No one wanted the pretty yellow ( guess I'll have to sell it). Ruby picked out this pillowcase and she picked out the ribbon for the straps (all about making the girls happy).

3 comments:

Deb Robertson Writes said...

I keep seeing shirring everywhere. I must buy some shirring elastic and try it before spring! it looks like it would be awesome for wee summer dresses and skirts! Love your nightgowns... although I would make them wear them as dresses they are so pretty!

Momma B said...

Very cute...I don't know what shirring is?

Heather Grow said...

Very cute. I am a big fan of pillowcase dresses. Thanks for linking up on the Vintage Sheet Blog Weekend Link Up Party.