Blog Archive

Sunday, August 22, 2010

I made a dress

My friend Jenene gave me this fabulous fabric. She gave me lots more I will share later. I used the large size in Butterick B5488 (notice how slim it looks on the model). It is about 3 sizes too big. I took 1 inch more on each and an extra 1/2 inch on the tops of the sleeves. Still too big. I'm thinking of adding elastic in the waist. I love the look of the pleats ( it takes a long time to make them). I worked on this dress all day Friday and still not happy.

1 comment:

Leisha @ Homemade Toast said...

I got this pattern to make into a maternity hospital gown. I was researching the pattern and came across you blog. Thanks for the input on the dress! Do you think that it would better serve for that purpose? Should I add a little more fabric in the front, or do you think it might be fine as is? Thanks!!