Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Feels like 1978

There is a story behind this beautiful sewing machine.
About a month before my son was born (1978) I got a New Home sewing machine. The salesman came to my house and set it up for me. My mother-in-law never had a machine so she also got one just like mine. Mine worked great for 20 years. I really hated it when it stopped working. I've bought 2 since that one. My mother-in-law used hers for hemming and piecing quilts. She hasn't used it in 10 years. The family told me to get it yesterday and I happened to have an empty cabinet to put it in. It's works great and brings back lots of memories.

Ethel Mary is not doing well at all. Yesterday she could barely walk and didn't act like her usual self. She lives with her daughter and they go to Hardee's every morning to eat. My husband and I took her yesterday. She couldn't get out of the car and I had to feed her the little bit she ate. She hasn't gotten up yet this morning. Hope she feels good enough to go out. Please keep her in your prayers.

This is her sewing basket.

No comments: